Volunteering to Help Bulldog Rescue
Volunteering to Rescue Bulldogs
Rescuing abandoned and surrendered bulldogs can be very difficult and time-consuming. While not everyone can (or should) make the commitment to provide the full range of rescue services (providing foster care, screening applicants, doing home inspections, making placement decisions, and so on), there are many ways that people who love Bulldogs can help the rescue cause.
Here are ways YOU can help to rescue Bulldogs:
- Our Bulldogs are always in need of foster homes. You can provide temporary housing for rescued Bulldogs, even if only overnight in an emergency.
- If fostering Bulldogs isn’t what you are looking for, we also need help with home checks, transport, shelter checks, and visits to Bulldogs who are being surrendered.
- Donations. Donating food, medications, equipment, supplies and raffle items. We also accept monetary donations through personal checks or Paypal.Click here for more information.
- If you are more interested in the social aspect of bulldog rescue you can help with fund-raising upcoming events.
- You can help us with socializing and training rescued dogs.
- You can help give advice to current Bulldog owners to help them keep the Bulldog instead of giving him/her up to the rescue program.
- You can contact animal shelters and veterinarians to get their commitment to call Bulldog rescue when they know of a Bulldog that needs a new home. Post Bulldog rescue flyers or Bulldog rescue business cards at pet hospital offices, animal shelters, pet supply stores, and other places Bulldog lovers visit.
- You can educate people about the importance of buying puppies only from reputable breeders. Tell everyone you know never to buy puppies from casual breeders, pet stores or puppy mills.
- You can shop at our store! Visit our store to purchase Southern California Bulldog Rescue logo merchandise.