Empower Rescue: For every 20 cryobanking procedures Dr. Kraemer performs one large stem cell Kit would be donated to a SCBR rescued pets ( $2000 value).
When my two daughters Camille and Arielle were born my wife and I elected to cryobank their stem cells. As new parents we were grateful that this life saving regenerative technology existed. This cutting edge therapeutic “health insurance” is the greatest gift a parent and now a pet owner can give her or his child (pet). Dr. R.J. Kraemer (Dr. Kraemer is the founder of Vet4Bulldog, StemCell4Pet.com DrKraemers.com)
1. Eliminating Future Cost and Risk: By harvesting tissue for stem cells while your pet is under general anesthesia for another procedure (spay & neuter, cherry eye, entropion, tail amputation, elongated soft palate, stenotic nares, orthopedics like Medial Patella Luxation and Anterior Cruciate Tare, Cesarean, etc) you are eliminating the cost and risk of future anesthesia.
2. Eliminating Age Related Anesthetic Risk: The risks of an adverse event occurring during anesthesia are higher as your pet grows older
3. Minimal Extra Anesthetic: Harvesting the adipose tissue for the cryobanked stem cells is a quick procedure that only adds a few minutes to the elected anesthetic protocol.
4. Empower Rescue: For every 20 cryobanking procedures Dr. Kraemer performs one large stem cell Kit would be donated to a SCBR rescued pets ( $2000 value).
The cryobanking Process
- Collection: Dr. Kraemer will collect a small amount of fat during the elective procedure.
- Shipment: The tissue will be shipped by UPS overnight to the cryopreservation medical center.
- Extraction & Cell Count: Upon arrival the laboratory will utilized a bright field microscopy and multi-channel fluorescence imaging to generate cell counts and fluorescence data
- Report: A report will be emailed to you, showing how many live, active cells there are and cell-per-gram ratios, which are typically 5-20 million cells/gram.
- Cryobanking: The temperature used for storing your pet hematopoietic stem cells is minus 185 degrees Celsius. The cells are stored in nitrogen vapor instead of liquid nitrogen to reduce the risk of contamination.
“We do what the top universities around the world are doing with human cell tissue, Vapor is a cleaner approach over liquid nitrogen and eliminates contamination.”
Treating your pet with their Cryobanked Stem Cells
- Thawing: When comes the time that your pet can benefit form his or her stored stem cells you will contact Dr. Kraemer. Upon arrival, your pet’s cells are thawed rapidly at 37 degrees Celsius to ensure viability. At least 80 percent of the cells are viable after thawing, and usually 90 percent or more are viable.
- PRP (Platelett Rich Plasma): After the cells are thawed and the preservation media washed away Dr. Kraemer’s lab technician will draw platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from your pets blood and add to the stem cells to provide extra growth factors to give the cells the best chance for new tissue differentiation.
- Cell Activation: activation is done by using LED Light technology.
- Injection: Following activation, the solution is then injected intra-articular (i.e. directly into arthritic joints) as well as intravenously. This is a same day procedure with no serious side effects, no extensive recovery time, or confinement needed.
- Outcome: Given the right conditions in an animal’s body, stem cells can differentiate into various cell types, such as cartilage, bone and muscle, endothelium, pancreatic cells, etc.
Researchers believe that stem cells hold the key to managing many diseases. Right now, regenerative medicine is labeled to treat only arthritis and other degenerative joint diseases, but researchers are looking at stem cells to help treat internal medicine problems, such as atopy and inflammatory bowel disease.
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to CONTACT DR. KRAEMER.……….click here
Dr. Kraemers now offers a cutting edge Cryobanking Stem Cells option for dogs and cats at a low cost program during any elective anesthetic procedure