Bulldogs and French Bulldogs Yeast Infection
Bulldogs and French Bulldogs Yeast Infection, If you are the proud owner of an English or French Bulldog, there is a good chance that you lived/living the “Funky Moldy Musty YEASTY BULLY experience”. This pesky smelly organism can be found in your bully infected ears, skin folds of the face, tail, vaginal, skin surface, toes and nails.
- How it got there?
- How its diagnosed?
- How it manifest?
- How can we rid our bulldog from it?
Bulldogs and French Bulldogs Yeast Infection of the ears, skin, toes, tail fold, and vaginal folds are very common to the breed. The yeast bug is called Malassezia and is a normal part of your bulldog skin and ears microflora. But when your bulldog or French bulldog skin barrier or ear canal lining is comprised due to allergies or other medical condition like a suppressed immune system, hormonal imbalance, keratinization problems, etc. those normal yeast bugs colonies can overgrow, and lead to bulldog ear disease (bulldog otitis externa) and/or skin disease (bulldog and French bulldog dermatitis)
The yeast organism can easily be identified by simply applying a smear from the skin or ear on a slide and then looking for the yeast bud with a microscope.
Bulldogs and French Bulldogs Yeast Infection Clinical Presentation:
- Itching of the skin
- Ear Scratching
- Discolored Skin and ear epithelium
- Flaky Skin
- Dry or Oily coat
- Thicken Elephant like skin
- Bad “yeasty” odor
Bulldogs and French Bulldogs EAR Yeast Infection Treatment:
- Bulldog otitis due to yeast infection should be treated with a daily antiseptic rinse like Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Yeasty Bully Antiseptic Ear Rinse and topical ear medication.
Bulldogs and French Bulldogs SKIN Yeast Infection Treatment:
- Bulldog Yeasty Skin Shampoo Treatment:
- Degreasing Medicated Shampoo: The yeast organisms love oil thus weekly shampoo with a degreasing shampoo like Kraemer’s V4B Oily Bulldog Shampoo can help.
- Antifungal Medicate Shampoo: Alternate the medicated shampoo bathing with an anti-yeast shampoo like Dr. Kraemer V4B Yeasty Bully Antiseptic Medicated Shampoo. The shampoo should remain on the skin for 10 min prior to rinsing.
- Bulldog Yeasty Skin Waterless Medicated Shampoo Treatment: on days you are not bathing treat your bulldog with a Medicated Waterless Gel’s and
- Conditioners like Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Yeasty Bully Antiseptic Waterless Gel.
- Anti-Yeast Oral Mediation: Oral Antifungal medication usually for 30 days,
- Oral or Injectable Antibiotics: Often antibiotics are added if bacteria like Staphylococcus found on cytology.
- Immune Support: Immune support supplements like Kraemer’s V4B Immune Support and V4B Fish Oil Omega 3 EFA Skin-Joint-Immune Soft Chews
- Pre & Probiotics: your bulldog gut bacteria imbalance can directly affect your bulldog skin health. Prebiotics and Probiotics like Dr. Kraemers V4B Probiotics Plus can help support healthy gut thus help heal a skin condition.
Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Antiseptic Yeasty Bully Waterless Gel for Bulldogs and French Bulldogs is a formulation designed to manage bulldogs skin infections between baths. It is soap-free, rubbing alcohol-free and moisturizing. It can be used for bulldogs and French bulldogs:
Suffering from a food allergy
Suffering from a yeast infection
Suffering from MRSP
Suffering from atopic dermatitis
Suffering from Pyoderma