Gingivitis in Dogs and Bulldogs Gum Disease in Pets
One of the most common and potentially harmful medical conditions seen in veterinarian’s offices is periodontal disease. Bulldog periodontitis includes gingivitis, which is inflammation and redness of the gums due to an underlining teeth infection.
The harmful bacteria can spread and negatively affect your bulldog’s bodily function, systems, and vital organs.
Gingivitis in Dogs and Bulldogs Gum Disease in Pets CAUSE:
Gingivitis and gum disease in bulldogs and French bulldogs is caused by bacteria build-up between the teeth and gum area. Healthy bulldog gums lie tight and close against their teeth, if the gums are forced away from the teeth due to plaque and tartar, food and bacteria will lodge under the gum, an infection will form and periodontal disease will ensue.
Gingivitis in Dogs and Bulldogs Gum Disease in Pets FINDINGS:
- REDNESS: your bulldog gums normal pink color changes into red-purple color
- SWELL: your bulldog gums will appear puffy and swollen
- BAD SMELL: your bulldog breath will have a pungent odor due to the bacteria infection
- SALVATION & DROLLING: Your bulldog might present with excessive production of saliva
- PAIN: your bulldog gums will appear sensitive and painful to touch. Pain can lead to depression, anxiousness, aggression, and a loss of appetite.
- BLEEDING GUMS: at times your bulldog gums will bleed after eating, chewing toys, or after teeth brushing.
The brachycephalic (flat-faced) dogs like your bulldog and French bulldog, Pugs, Pekingese, and boxers, are at increased risk of developing gingivitis due to the formation of their mouth and jaw and the crowding in the way their teeth are placed.
Gingivitis in Dogs and Bulldogs Gum Disease in Pets PREVENTIVE :
- BRUSH: Any soft, yellowish-brown plaque should be brushed and scraped off before it is allowed to set and harden and turn into calculus (tartar).
- ANTISEPTIC RINSE: Rinse your bulldog’s mouth with Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Bulldog anti-septic dental rinse
- SPLASH: Add your bulldog water Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Bulldog Dental Aqua Splash formula to help reduce plaque and provide a freshen breath.
- CHEW: Treat your bulldog with Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Bully Hygine PlaqueLess Dental Chew
Dr. Kraemers V4B dental-health for your bulldog dental disease and bad smell
Gingivitis in Dogs and Bulldogs Gum Disease in Pets VETERINARY CARE:
If you believe that your bulldog or French bulldog puppy has gingivitis, you should seek help from your veterinarian immediately. Leaving the condition untreated could allow bacteria to spread through the dog’s bloodstream to set on a potentially life-threatening condition.
Once your veterinarian has identified gingivitis, they will generally recommend anesthesia and conduct professional cleaning, scaling, and polishing. Often dental radiographs would be recommended to help identified disease below the gum line.
Gingivitis in Dogs and Bulldogs Gum Disease in Pets WELLNESS:
PREVENTABLE: gingivitis can be prevented, by regular teeth brushing combined with Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Bully Dental Preventive rinses, chews, and economic bundles. This simple inexpensive practice will help keep your bulldog puppy free of cavities, dental disease, the associated pain, and the related systemic disease.
REVERSIBLE: when caught in time, and by providing timely scaling & polishing gingivitis is reversible.
“An Ounce of PREVENTION Is Worth a Pound of CURE”