Bulldog and French Bulldogs Pain and Pain Control
Bulldog and French Bulldogs Pain and Pain Control must be addressed in every level of veterinary care. Our perception of pain and how it affects our precious pets have dramatically changed. Owners of Bulldog and French bulldog awareness to pain and how it affects their pets quality of life has helped us with implementing effective pain management and maximize the standard of care.
Some of the overlooked painful condition in Bulldogs and French Bulldogs are:
- Bulldog Ear Infections
- Bulldogs Tail Pocket Skin Fold Infections
- Bulldog Oral and Dental Disease
- Bulldog Chronic Arthritis
- Bulldog Urinary Tract Infections
- Anal Gland Impaction
Those painful bulldog medical conditions and others like them can lead to bulldog hypersensitivity, stress, and anxiousness, which will impact healing and amplifies pain. Thus, controlling pain in a timely manner is important.
Bulldogs and French Bulldogs Pain can present as:
- Reduced Activity and Limping
- Panting, Rapid Breathing and vocalizing (crying)
- Shaking, Quivering, Abnormal Sleeping
- Behavior Changes, Grumpy
- Appetite changes
- Hide, or Seek Attention, does not want to be touched
- Urinating and Defecating in the house
Bulldog and French Bulldogs Pain and Pain Control must begin EARLY to avoid emotional and physical harm. I recommend a holistic approach that combines both traditional treatment as well as supplements, and new age therapies. Also, weight management, quality diet, and balanced nutritional management.
Listed here are some of the common bulldog pain control modalities:
- Supplements Joint & Arthritis
- Supplements Anxiety & Pain:
- Class 4 Laser: Cold Laser Therapy
- tPEMT: targeted Pulse Electromagnetic Therapy
- PRP: Platelet Rich Plasma
- Regenerative Medicine Therapy: Stem Cell Therapy and Cyrobanking
- FDA Approved CBD (cannabidiol) Oils and THC(tetrahydrocannabinol) Warnnings: Bulldogs are highly sensitive to the psychoactive component of THC. Most CBD oils are from the hemp plant, it has a high safety rating and has shown to improve and help multiple conditions in bulldogs and French bulldogs including Unfortunately, they are still considered illegal for sale by veterinarians and in some states, veterinarians are not even allowed to talk about CBD & THC merits and risks. As always, you should follow my “do no harm rule”, do your due diligence and only buy from a reputable pharmacy that sells FDA approved productd.
Bulldog and French Bulldog suffer from pain as we do and should be provided the same pain control for chronic or acute pain. Pain control for bulldogs also includes pre and post-surgery and dental procedures.
Remember your bulldog feels pain but might not show it as you would. Your bulldog is wired to hide pain due to pre domestication evolutionary advantage.
Dr. Kraemer’s V4B Comfort Plus Formula for Bulldogs and French Bulldogs Extra Strength Formula contains natural active botanicals that can help relieve minor aches and discomfort.
It can help pets suffering from:
- Pain due to a back injury
- Pain due to arthritis
- Pain due to orthopedic injuries
- Post-Operative Pain
- Pain due to ear infections
- Pain due to tail fold dermatitis